The Spiders Web pen was designed and made for a little light fun. Lots of people are put of by the thought of spiders but I thought it represented the darker side of life… a web of intrigue. The pen had been made from Zircote (pronounced zi·ri·co·te \ ˌzirəˈkōtā \) which has a very unique appearance, sometimes referred to as “spider-webbing” or “landscape” grain figure. The grain is straight to slightly interlocked with a medium to fine texture and a beautiful natural luster. It is quite a rare timber being found only in southern Mexico, Guatemala and Belize.Common uses for Zircote are: Furniture, veneer, cabinetry, gun-stocks, musical instruments (usually acoustic and electric guitars), and other small turned objects. Once the body was turned to size the surface was finished with several grades of abrasive finally using 1600grit. A coat of clear lacquer was then applied, allowed to dry and then de-nibbed with more 1600 grit. This process was repeated eight more times before the final coat was buffed with a micro-fibre cloth.
The chrome and black upper part of the pen can be pulled off if held firmly. This well reveal the twisting mechanism which and be unscrewed from the lower section of the pen. The parker refil can then be replaced before reassembly in the reverse order.
You’ll also receive a Certificate of Authenticity with each pen ordered.
The pen in the picture is the one you will receive.
Handmade Pencil Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned from Ziricote wood / High gloss chrome plated finish
- Easy to replace standard Parker type refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Pencil Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures shown above
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens & Pencils
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully