African Padauk was used for this pen. It is rather unusual as the sapwood forms a pale stripe contrasting with the dark red / brown heartwood. The pen was turned from a single piece of timber to enable the grain of eack section to align when the tip is retracted.
The metal fittings have a satin chrome finish to contrast with the highly polished wood. A ribbed rubber grip is incorporated to increase comfort for those who like to write!
A black Cross type refill is fitted as standard, but can easy be changed by carefully fulling the two halves of the pen apart. This standard refill can be purchased at most stationary stores.
The pen in the picture is the one you will receive. If you are interested in multiple pens, please contact us. Since each pen is a unique work of art, exact duplicates are not possible. But, we will do our best to create duplicates of the pen, using the same wood and finish.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned 2 tone Padauk blank / Satin Chrome metal finish
- Attractive contrasting natural wood grain – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink refills – Cross Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures hown above
- Includes ink refill – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully