Irish Burr Elm is much sought after and you can see why. Sometimes called Carpathian Elm. It has light to medium browns swirling together that have made this wood a favorite among furniture makers and turners for hundreds of years.
The varied, rich colors range from browns to light tans and even to swirls of cream – all combine to give it a special, regal look. It is a dense wood which takes a polish well. What a stunning pen! The colors look great with the Gold and Black finish. The Gold accents really complete the look of the pen. The twist action pen feels great in your hand and has a fantastic weight to it. The pen has been made by hand turning the blank and then finishing it to a mirror polish. All external components are finished with a Gold coating which will provide durable and dependable service. The ball point pen extends with the twist of your wrist and and writes smoothly and easily.
This twist action pen is very stylish and shows well in all lighting conditions. It will make a memorable gift for any occasion, such as a Birthday, Father’s Day, Christmas, Graduation or any other special event.
The pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then turning the pen to final shape. A finish is then applied and the pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (180, 220, 320, 400, 600, 800, 1200) of sandpaper to create a very smooth surface. The surface is polished to a mirror like shine using 7 polishing steps to create a showroom quality finish.
Comes with your choice of ink color and a velvet pen sleeve. Replacement Parker type ink cartridges can be easily found at most stationers. You’ll also receive a Certificate of Authenticity with each pen ordered. Product dimensions are the size of the pen inside its box.
The pen in the picture is the one you will receive. If you are interested in multiple pens, please contact us. Since each pen is a unique work of art, exact duplicates are not possible. But, we will do our best to create duplicates of the pen, using the same wood and finish.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned Irish Burr Elm blank / High gloss gold plated finish
- Attractive contrasting natural wood grain – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink cartidges – Parker Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures hown above
- Includes ink cartridge – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully