This contemporary looking twist action ballpoint was made using wood cut from a Laurel tree in my garden.
The wood was carefully selected for an interesting grain pattern caused by side branches. The main body of the tube was turned in my workshop down to the required diameters. The grain was sealed using thin viscocity CA adhesive to bind the fibres togeter befor the surface was finished using several ever decreasing grade of abrasive paper. Once smooth, two coats of cellulose sanding sealer was applied. A light rub with 3000 grit abrasive pad increased the sheen before several coats of Melamine lacquer were applied. Each coat being ‘de-nibbed’ with a 3000grit pad. Finally the finished components were assembled ready for delivery.
The metal fittings have a highly polished gold plated finish to contrast with the highly polished black components at either end.
The top of this version is fitted with a rubber stylus suitable for use on most tablets and touch screens
A black Parker type refill is fitted as standard, but can easy be changed by carefully pulling out the lower section of the pen (as can be seen in the photo above). Then the mechanism is then unscrewed to remove the ‘Parker’ style refill. (again, shown in the photographs) . This standard refill can be purchased at most stationary stores.
This pen was made specially as a wedding present for my good friends wife. I hope she is pleased with it!
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned Laurel wood / Polished gold plated metal finish
- Combined use – ballpoint and touchscreen stylus.
- Attractive highly coloured body – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink refills – Parker Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures hown above
- Includes ink refill – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully
There are no reviews yet.