This pen was created as ‘one of a pair’ from a piece of cross-grain timber cut from an old beech tree having to be removed. The tree had sentimental value for two neighbours who had known each other from childhood, so it was rather fitting that I was able to create something ‘long-lasting’ from its branches. Because of the size and shape of the off-cut the grain unusually goes across the pen rather than along its length. This gives it an almost irridecent appearance with the medullary rays radiating from the centre.
The metal fittings have a gunmetal grey enamel finish to make them hard wearing. Both pens have a contemporary look and feel to them with the clip curving around to become part of the upper pen body.
The pen is operated by holding the main body in one hand and rotating the tip to eject the writing tip and then turning in reverse to retract to safety.
The Parker style refill can be removed by unscrewing the metal tip and sliding out the spring and refill.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Polished Beech wood body / Gunmetal grey plated metal components
- Impressive eye catching pen – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace Parker style Gel or std ballpoint refill
What’s Included with your Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted ball point pen in the pictures shown above
- Includes Parker type ink refill ready to use
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully