This handmade pen was made as a special commission for a friend using Turkish Walnut reclaimed from a broken Grade 5 Miroku shotgun stock. Only the most stunning grain blanks are used to make grade 5 stocks and are very sought after. Despite a gun stock looking quite large they are deceptive in that much of the interior is removed to lighten the gun. Unfortunately for the handmade pen maker this means that very few pen blanks can be made from each stock.
The metal fittings have a polished gold plate to contrast with the polished deep chocolate brown wood. The pen is a slim design to increase comfort for those who like to write!
A black Cross type refill is fitted as standard, but can easy be changed by carefully fulling the two halves of the pen apart. The refill is them unscrewed from the twist mechanism before replacing. This standard Cross refill can be purchased at most stationary stores.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned Turkish Walnut/ metalwork in High polish Gold plating
- Attractive contrasting colours and finishes – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink refills – Cross Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures hown above
- Includes ink refill – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully