This pencil was made using Olive Wood which is a by-product of the olive growing industry in mediteranean countries. Once the trees are too old to bare enough olives to be economical they are cut down for their wood. The heartwood is a cream or yellowish brown, with darker brown or black contrasting streaks. Colour tends to deepen with age. Olive is sometimes figured with curly or wavy grain, burl, or wild grain. This example has bee sealed with a light coat of polish to protect it from finger marks, but has been kept matt to enhance its natural beauty.
The mechanism used is chrome plated steel with a three claw grip to hold the 5.6mm diameter lead. The claws are extended to release the lead by pressing the knurled top button.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Polished Olive wood body / chrome plated metal components
- Impressive eyecatching pen – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace 5.6mm leads available from The Forest At Your Fingertips.
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the Olive wood clutch pencil in the pictures shown above
- Includes 3 x 5.6mm leads – ready to use
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully