This pen was made as a gift for a friend’s partner as a way of saying “Thank you”. Their business Contstella has worked wonders on my car and I felt this was the least I could do. I tried to design a pen that was elegant and comfortable for the female hand and still be attractive. I decided to use a piece of Damson wood cut from a tree that had been grown in our garden. Damson is a variation of plum and produces very attractively coloured wood. Being close grain it gives a very smooth surface which I coated in sanding sealer prior to applying the self-made Constella water slide transfer. Once this had dried several coats of Melamine spray finish were applied, each being carefully sanded between coats.
The pen uses a standard Cross style refill which is replaced by carefully pulling the two halves apart. The end of the refill will be seen protruding from the twist mechanism. This is carefully unscrewed from the mechanism before replacing. The two halves are then carefully pushed back together ensuring the grain of the wood is aligned.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Melamine finished home-grown Danson wood with Chrome finish metalwork
- Impressive eye-catching pen – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink refills – Cross style refill available at most stationers
- Includes the handcrafted Twist Damson Ballpoint shown in the picture above
- Includes black ink refill – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully
There are no reviews yet.