This contemporary looking twist action pencil was made was made to compliment a similar project from last year.
The central body has a tube covered in Chiyogami Yuken. This is a beautifully screen printed paper from Japan. The designs were originally based on the bright kimono textiles from the Edo period (1603 – 1868) which the papermakers from the countryside saw on fashionable wealthier ladies in larger cities. Ciyogami, literally thousand generation (chiyo) paper (gami), is meticulously produced by hand. Each layer of colour is silk screened on individually. This chosen pattern is 日本の女の子 or Japanese Girl. The rolled paper was then cast in resin before being hand turned to shape. Several grades of abrasives were then used to polish the pen barrel followed by a final buffing with metal polish.
The metal fittings have a highly polished Chrome finish to contrast with the highly polished titanium coloured components at either end.
A black Parker type refill is fitted as standard, but can easy be changed by carefully unscrewing the lower black section from the coloured part of the pen. This standard refill can be purchased at most stationary stores.
Since each pen is a unique work of art, exact duplicates are not possible. But, I will do my best to create duplicates of the pen if requested
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned rolled & potted Chiyogami Yuken blank / Polished Chrome metal finish
- Attractive highly coloured body – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink refills – Parker Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures hown above
- Includes ink refill – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully