This handmade pen has a smooth twist action which opens the ballpoint pen.
Made of Bubinga from Equatorial Africa. This hardwood with darker reddish brown with darker purple or black streaks to compliment the shiny gold coloured decoration. The ideal gift!
The pen has been made by hand turning a single piece of Bubinga to enable the grain to match top to bottom after it has been cut. The top section has to be turned with extreme accuracy to allow the filigree tube to be a close fit. . All external components are glossy gold plated to provide durable and dependable service. The pen is very stylish and shows well in all lighting conditions.
The pen will make a memorable gift for any occasion, such as a Birthday, Father’s Day, Christmas, or Graduation Day.
The pen is sanded six times with progressively finer grit abrasive to create a very smooth surface. The surface is polished to a mirror like shine using 12 polishing steps to create a showroom quality finish. Comes with your choice of ink color and a velvet sleeve. Replacement Cross Style ink cartridges can be found at most stationers.
You’ll also receive a Certificate of Authenticity with each pen ordered. Product dimensions are the size of the pen inside its box.
The pen in the picture is the one you will receive. If you are interested in multiple pens, please contact us.
Since each pen is a unique work of art, exact duplicates are not possible but we will do our best to create duplicates of the pen, using the same wood and finish.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned Irish Yew blank / High Gloss Gun Metal plated finish
- Impressive Filigree decoration – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink cartidges – Cross Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures hown above
- Includes ink cartridge – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully