This handmade twist action ballpoint pen was made as a special commission for a client specifying that the pens should be pink and eyecatching, but relatively slimline for comfort. It also had a fairly tight completion date as Christmas was looming! As it was for a tablet user I also suggested a stylus tip to allow both traditional writing and electronic.
The two parts of the pen body were then fitted to my lathe and turned down to the required diameters followed by several stages of sanding from 230 grit down to 1400 grit. The acrylic components were then finished to a high polish by using polishing compound.
The metal fittings have a polished gold plate to contrast with the highly polished pink striped acrylic. The pen is a slim design to increase comfort for those who like to write!
A black Cross type refill is fitted as standard, but can easy be changed by carefully fulling the two halves of the pen apart. The refill is them unscrewed from the twist mechanism before replacing. This standard Cross refill can be purchased at most stationary stores.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned pink crushed ice acrylic/ metalwork in highly polished gold plate
- Attractive contrasting colours and finishes – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink refills – Cross Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures hown above
- Includes ink refill – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully
There are no reviews yet.