This handmade twist action ballpoint pen was made as a special commission for a client specifying that the pens should be made from an unusual timber but relatively slimline for comfort. I decided to use a piece of homegrown Lilac tree branch to make this pen
The two parts of the pen were cut to size before being drill out to accept the reinforcing tubes. After bonding the tubes to the timber they were fitted to the lathe and tuned to the required dimensions. After sanding smooth using various grades to produce a mirror finish they were polished and waxed. After leaving time for the polish and wax cure the two parts were removed from the lathe and assembled together with the various components.
The metal fittings have an unusual satin gold plate to contrast with the highly polished Lilac wood. The pen is a slim design to increase comfort for those who like to write!
A black Cross type refill is fitted as standard, but can easy be changed by carefully fulling the two halves of the pen apart. The refill is then unscrewed from the twist mechanism before replacing. This standard Cross refill can be purchased at most stationary stores.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned homegrown Lilac wood/ metalwork in finish gold plate
- Attractive contrasting colours and finishes – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink refills – Cross Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures hown above
- Includes ink refill – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully