This pen was made using Two-tone Padauk. This timber comes from African and has the unique feature of having a creamy yellow outer sapwood with a deep redish orange heartwood that darkens with age. When cut carefully blanks have this two tone effect which is quite sought after in wood turning. This pen whilst being mainly from the dark red heartwood does have an interesting flash of the lighter sapwood.
The metal fittings have a polished chrome finish to contrast with the polished wood. The pen is a slim design to increase comfort for those who like to write!
A black Cross type refill is fitted as standard, but can easy be changed by carefully fulling the two halves of the pen apart. This standard refill can be purchased at most stationary stores.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned 2 tone Padauk / metalwork in High polish deep chrome
- Attractive contrasting colours and finishes – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink refills – Cross Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures hown above
- Includes ink refill – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully