Here is a fun new way to write.
With a simple flick of the wrist, this cool Shake Pen extends its refill and is ready to write. Then, when you are finished writing, just shake the pen again to retract the refill. Smooth writing performance with a full-size Cross style refill.
Tamarind trees are best known for their fruit, not wood. Tamarind trees are widely planted throughout the tropics both for their fruit, and also as an ornamental. Their heartwood is a deep reddish brown, sometimes with a purplish hue—heartwood portions of Tamarind tend to be narrow and are usually only present in older and larger trees. The pale yellow sapwood is very wide and sharply demarcated from the heartwood. Spalting and other discoloration are very common in the sapwood, and the majority of the Tamarind available in the U.K. is spalted sapwood. This is the wood used for this pen.
The wooden blank was hand turned on my wood lathe before sanding with progressively finer grit abrasives until very smooth. The sever coats of friction polish was applied until a gloss finish was achieved.
The refill can be easily changed by unscrewing the two halves of the body and putting the Cross style refill from its mounting.
Handmade Pencil Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand -made turned Tamarind wood / high closs gunmetal effect metal fittings
- Easy to replace std Parker type refills available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Pencil Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures shown above
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens & Pencils
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes/ tubes, and packed carefully