This roller ball pen was inspired by using a combination of a shotgun cartridge for the top cap and a 30 cal bullet for the main body of the pen. Its unique design makes it the ideal gift of anyone interested in shooting, be it game, clays or targets.
This particular pen has been made using the a piece of reclaimed Perazzi Shotgun stock to create the top section with its engraved gun metal plated cartridge cap. A detailed miniature shotgun is used to create the clip.
Perazzi is the Ferrari of shotguns with high grade Turkish Walnut stocks costing many thousands of pounds. This particular damaged stock cost £2,500 to replace and that was without labour costs! The pictures in the gallery below show the stock before it was cut into pen blanks, and also typical trees after they have been cut down. One of the factors effecting the cost is that Turkish Walnut trees are very old and the government have placed restrictions on how many can be cut each season.
The main body of the pen is created from a piece of wavy brown grained Sweet Chestnut wood and creates an attractive contrast to the dark Turkish Walnut. A replica 30cal bullet is used to create the writing tip, whilst the 30cal case and replica primer is used to to close the top of the pen.
All metalwork is gun metal deep plated to enhance the appearance.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned Perazzi Walnut and Sweet Chestnut wood blanks / High Gloss gun metal plated metalwork
- Impressive simulated .30 Calibre / Shotgun Cartridge pen – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink refills – “Schmidt” style ceramic rollerball refill available at most good stationers
What’s Included with your Rollerball Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures shown above
- Includes ink cartridge – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully
Not suitable for use with our Maple & Walnut wood presentation box