This is a new design based on a racing car shock absorber idea. The cylinder cover is modelled in wood. In this case a piece of pretty swirly grained Sweet Chestnut.
The spring platforms actually compress the spring just like the real thing!
Once the wooden cap is unscrewed it can be fitted to the opposite end of the damper to help the pens ergonomics.
The refill is a Parker mini type available at most good stationary suppliers and can be changed by unscrewing the writing tip from the main body of the pen before pulling out the refill.
This is an ideal gift for the petrol-head in your family or friends!
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Polished, hand-turned Sweet Chestnut with Chrome finish metalwork
- Impressive eyecatching pen – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink cartidges – “mini Parker” Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted Shock Absorber pen in the pictures shown above
- Includes black ink cartridge – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully