I make this pen as a gift for a friend who has done extensive work on one of my cars. Through his company Constella Service and Repairs he went over and beyond what most garages would have done. It was just my way of saying a big “Thank You!”
I decided to use the shock absorber pen design as it is both unusual and in keeping with his mechanical interests. Damson wood was used for the removable cover as it was from a tree grown in our garden. It further adds to the personal nature of the pen and looks extremely attractive. To further the personalisation I replicated the business logo as a waterslide transfer and applied it prior to applying several coats of Melamine spray lacquer. This form of finish is both moisture resistant and hard wearing.
With this pen design the spring platforms actually compress the spring just like the real thing! Once the Damson wood cap is unscrewed it can be fitted to the opposite end of the damper to help with the pens ergonomics.
The refill is a Parker mini type available at most good stationary suppliers and can be changed by unscrewing the writing tip from the main body of the pen before pulling out the refill.
This design is an ideal gift for the petrol-head in your family or friends!
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Melamine finished home-grown Danson wood with Chrome finish metalwork
- Impressive eye-catching pen – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink refills – “mini Cross” style refill available at most stationers
- Includes the handcrafted Shock Absorber similar to the picture shown above
- Includes black ink cartridge – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully