With this design I created a pen that represents one of the most popular gun-styles – the semi automatic rifle.
The individual details of the pen create stylistic authenticity in homage to these rifles:
The pen tip: Represents the Picatinny rail of the rifle. The tip is CNC machined from solid Aluminium, consistent with true semi-auto rifle materials for a lightweight, ergonomic design. The muzzle brake or “compensator”, which redirects exploding gunpowder gases and counters recoil, is located at the tip of the pen.
The pen cap end: Is inspired by the rifle’s lower-receiver. This is the part of the gun that accommodates the trigger, safety, magazine housing, and carry handle/rear sights. The pen end, or buttstock which is the end of the gun that rests against the user’s shoulder, has been adapted as a scope.
The scope easily rotates and flips into an upward and seats magnetically when retracted.
The pen clip: Represents the carry handle and peep sight of the rifle.
The mechanism: The side-click arm represents the bolt-group and trigger of the rifle. The mechanism is clicked or “fired” forward to extend the refill.
The body of the pen has been made using a swirl pattern acrylic resin that give a camoflage effect.
The pen tip is unscrewed from the main body to remove the Parker style refill.
Handmade Pencil Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned camo effect acrylic resin / turned worn aluminium effect metal fittings
- Easy to replace std Parker type refills available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Pencil Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pencil in the pictures shown above
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens & Pencils
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully