The perfect pen for an outdoor enthusiast, to use when writing their nature observations. This pen showcases the natural world with elements found in nature. It features tree silhouettes on the tip and the sun rising over mountains on the pen end. The phrase “Adventure Awaits” also appears on the pen top. The clip reminds you of an ancient giant tree representing the strength and wonder of the outdoors. The metal fittings are in a pewter finish to add to the rugged look. Hawthorn wood was used for the pen body. it seemed appropriate to use this wood as Hawthorne bushes and hedges are common when walking in the great outdoors. Hawthorn wood and Mountain Ash have a ver similar appearance with the creamy yellow sapwood contrasting with the dark golden brown heartwood
Cut from a single piece of wood has allowed the grain to follow through from top to tip. Having turned to body to the required dimensions it was sanded with several diminishing grade of abrasive paper. Next a coat of cellulose sander sealer was used to stabilise the surface before more sanding and then several coats of Melamine spray finish were applied.
It uses a smooth writing Parker style refill which can be changed by pulling the two halves of the pen apart. Next the twist mechanism is unscrewed (anticlockwise) to release the refill. Assembly is straight forward reversing the dismantling. However, it is suggested that the twist mechanism is set in the retracted position before the two halves are carefully pushed together ensuring the wood grain aligns.
You’ll also receive a Certificate of Authenticity with each pen ordered.
If you are interested in multiple pens, please contact us. Since each pen is a unique work of art, exact duplicates are not possible but we will do our best to create duplicates of the pen, using the same wood and finish.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned Hawthorn / Gloss pewter finish
- Impressive great outdoors images cast into pen parts – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink cartidges – Parker Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures hown above
- Includes ink cartridge – ready to use
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully
Not suitable for use with our Maple & Walnut wood presentation box