Throughout history sailing has been instrumental in the development of civilization, affording mobility for trade, transport, warfare, and fishing. Though it’s greatest contribution has been to the many great explorations in the world. This pen captures the romance and adventure of old sailing ships. It has a captivating scene engraved on the tip of a grand tall ship, while the top cap is embellished with the captain’s wheel and compass. Nautical rope accents can be found throughout and encircling the detailed Anchor clip, which given it’s history, is considered a symbol of well-grounded hope. Plus, with its rich, warm copper finish and dark antique highlights, the details of this pen will surely impress.
Ash wood was used for this pen as it resembled scrimshaw. Scrimshaw is derived from the practice of sailors on whaling ships creating common tools, where the byproducts of whales were readily available. The term originally referred to the making of these tools, only later referring to works of art created by whalers in their spare time. Whale bone was ideally suited for the task, as it is easy to work and was plentiful.
Replacement Parker Style ink refill is done by carefully pulling the metal tip away from the wooden body. The metal mechanism is then unscrewed to reveal the refill inside. These refills can be found at most stationers.
You’ll also receive a Certificate of Authenticity with each pen ordered.
Product dimensions are the size of the pen inside its box. The pen in the picture is the one you will receive.
If you are interested in multiple pens, please contact us. Since each pen is a unique work of art, exact duplicates are not possible but we will do our best to create duplicates of the pen, using the same wood and finish.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned Ash wood /Antique Copper finished metalwork
- Easy to replace ink cartidges – Parker Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures hown above
- Includes ink cartridge – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully