Capture the thrill of the open road with this beautifully crafted Motorcycle Pen Kit.
Each and every component is thoughtfully designed and finished with breathtaking detail for a look that is pure open road cruiser. From the straight pipes to the muscular lines of the old school single cylinder engine with kickstart mechanism, your custom-built pen will make a statement.
The pen tip features a fierce, intricately cast eagle head with the engraved words, “Ride Hard. Live Free” as a band above the eagle head. A true to life old school single cylinder engine adorns the pen end. A machined shock absorber sits beneath the engine while the engine’s straight exhaust pipes act as the pen clip. On the shock absorber you’ll find a super cool “kickstart” mechanism that replicates the kickstarter on the motorcycle. This mechanism functions the same way as my Bolt Action pens to smoothly advance and retract the refill.
The body of the pen is made from Zircote (pronounced zi·ri·co·te \ ˌzirəˈkōtā \) which has a very unique appearance, sometimes referred to as “spider-webbing” or “landscape” grain figure. The grain is straight to slightly interlocked with a medium to fine texture and a beautiful natural luster. It is quite a rare timber being found only in southern Mexico, Guatemala and Belize.Common uses for Zircote are: Furniture, veneer, cabinetry, gun-stocks, musical instruments (usually acoustic and electric guitars), and other small turned objects. Once the body was turned to size the surface was finished with several grades of abrasive finally using 1600grit. A coat of clear lacquer was then applied, allowed to dry and then de-nibbed with more 1600 grit. This process was repeated eight more times before the final coat was buffed with a micro-fibre cloth.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Polished Ziricote hardwood body / Antique Pewter metal components
- Impressive eye catching pen – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace Parker style Gel or std ballpoint refill
What’s Included with your Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures shown above
- Includes Genuine Parker Gel ink refill ready to use
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully