Capture the thrill of the open road with this beautifully crafted Motorcycle Pen Kit.
Each and every component is thoughtfully designed and finished with breathtaking detail for a look that is pure open road cruiser. From the straight pipes to the muscular lines of the old school single cylinder engine with kickstart mechanism, your custom-built pen will make a statement.
The pen tip features a fierce, intricately cast eagle head with the engraved words, “Ride Hard. Live Free” as a band above the eagle head. A true to life old school single cylinder engine adorns the pen end. A machined shock absorber sits beneath the engine while the engine’s straight exhaust pipes act as the pen clip. On the shock absorber you’ll find a super cool “kickstart” mechanism that replicates the kickstarter on the motorcycle. This mechanism functions the same way as my Bolt Action pens to smoothly advance and retract the refill.
The body of the pen is made from wood cut from a Laurel tree in my garden. The wood was carefully selected for an interesting grain pattern caused by side branches. The main body of the tube was turned in my workshop down to the required diameters. The grain was sealed using thin viscocity CA adhesive to bind the fibres togeter befor the surface was finished using several ever decreasing grade of abrasive paper. Once smoothe two coats of cellulose sanding sealer was applied. A light rub with 3000 grit abrasive pad increased the sheen before several coats of Melamine lacquer wer applied. Each coat being ‘de-nibbed’ with a 3000grit pad. Finally the finished components were assembled ready for delivery.
This pen was especially made as a wedding present for a very good friend of mine. Being an outstanding architectural blacksmith who is into anything automotive, im sure he will appreciate this creation
To change the ‘Parker’ style refill simply unscrew the eagle head tip ensuring you do not lose the small spring inside the tip. (see photo above) Re-assembly is simply the reverse.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Polished Laurel hardwood body / Polished chrome metal components
- Impressive eye catching pen – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace Parker style Gel or std ballpoint refill
What’s Included with your Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures shown above
- Includes Genuine Parker ink refill ready to use
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully