This elegant slimline pen was turned from a piece of Lilac wood grown in my garden. It was made as a gift for my neighbours great grandson who is an avid Aston Villa Football Club supporter. For this reason it was decided to use my custom-made transfer system to incorporate his name and the AVFC badge onto the pen. After the main body was trurned and sanded smooth, two coats of cellulose sanding sealer were applied to seal the surface. The transfers were then applied and allowed to fully dry. Next day three coats of lacquer were applied before fully drying. Next another 3 coats were applied, each being lightly sanded after they had dried. Finally, after the 6 coats of lacquer the pen body way buffed with a soft cloth and high quality wax polish.
The metalwork is finished in a high gloss deep gold plating to resist signs of wear. The wavy shaped clip is unusual and fits in well with the rounded push button top.
This pen has a nice smooth, light, click action to extend and retract the tip which is supplied with a standard black Parker style refill. To change the refil simply unscrew the gold plated conical tip and remove the ink refill ensuring the spring is not lost.
Handmade Pencil Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned Lilac wood /Highly polished gold metal fittings
- Easy to replace std Parker type refills available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Pencil Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures shown above
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens & Pencils
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes/ tubes, and packed carefully