This neat little key ring pen came about when a friend mentioned the idea of having a pen on their key ring so they always had something to write with.
It was made using a mobile phone electronic printed circuit board formed into a tube and then cast in transparent polyester resin. The finished blank is the cut to make the two parts of the pen body. These two blanks are then turned on a wood lathe to the required diameters to fit the 22ct gold plated fittings.
Once the shape has be completed they are sanded smooth using several grades of wet & dry abrasive paper finishing with 1600 grit. A very fine polishing compound is then used to bring up the final shine whilst the blanks are spinning on the lathe.Once complete the various components are assembled using a ‘Parker Mini’ type refill.
The writing tip is extended by twisting the upper and lower body halves, then the opposite rotation to retract for safety. To replace the refill the upper and lower body parts are carefully pulled apart to allow the refill to be removed.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned cast Polyester PDB/ metalwork in highly polished 22ct gold plate
- Attractive contrasting colours and finishes – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink refills – ‘Parker Mini’ Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures shown above
- Includes ink refill – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours