Having made two various prototype key ring pens which proved very popular. I decided to make a small batch from various materials
The material blank is the cut to make the two parts of the pen body. These two blanks are then turned on a wood lathe to the required diameters to fit the 22ct gold plated fittings.
Once the shape has be completed they are sanded smooth using several grades of wet & dry abrasive paper finishing with 1600 grit. Micromesh abrasive is then used in various grade ending up with 12000 grit. Finally 3 coats of hardwearing polish are applied whilst the lathe is spinning and is then buffer to a high gloss. After leaving to stand overnight a coat of hard Carnuba wax is applied before a final polish. Once complete the various components are assembled using a ‘Parker Mini’ type refill.
The writing tip is extended by twisting the upper and lower body halves, then the opposite rotation to retract for safety. To replace the refill the upper and lower body parts are carefully pulled apart to allow the refill to be removed.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned Olive wood / metalwork in highly polished 22ct gold plate
- Attractive contrasting colours and finishes – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink refills – ‘Parker Mini’ Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures shown above
- Includes ink refill – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours