This classically designed pen is based on the idea of a skeleton key – used for over two thousand years has been created as a commission for the client to give as a gift to a friend. The keys were able to open a large number of doors with locks which were similar enough for the key to work. These locks were designed centuries ago, and were widely used until the early twentieth century. Many old fashioned skeleton keys were made during an era when elaborate metalwork was prized, so I’ve created a skeleton key pen clip with intricate decorations and ornamental flourishes. The key and lock as a symbol has many meanings:In key symbolism keys represent knowledge and success. They can open doors which are closed to other than the key holder. Possessing a key gives a person access to locked rooms.The key is also a symbol of freedom and liberation. Keys have been used as a symbol of authority and power for ages in many societies and ceremonies around the world. Whatever you read into the meaning of the design Im sure the user will be extremely pleased with this stunning pen
Smooth writing performance with a Parker style refill. Plus, the Antique Pewter finish is formulated to simulate the sophisticated sheen of time-worn pewter. The authentic patina and natural darkening brings out the details of the finish and creates a unique feel with a charm all its own. It will add a sense of warmth to your to your handmade creation.
The body of the pen has been turned from Mountain Ash which give the attractive golden brown colouring. This piece was cut to include some of the creamy sapwood as a contrast to enable a message to be applied using the waterslide transfer method. Once dry the pen body was sprayed with several coats of clear Melamine gloss lacquer until a glass-like finish was achieved.
The writing tip is retracted by gently twisting the tip whilst holding the body. To extend the tip just twist in the opposite direction.
To change the refill simply retract the tip and then gently continue twisting. The pewter end cap will unscrew to allow you to then replace the refill.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Lacquered Mountain Ash wood body / Antique Pewter metal components
- Impressive eye catching pen – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink refills – “Parker” style refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures shown above
- Includes black ink refill – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully