This equestrian theme pen has been made at the request of a client. I normally try not to duplicate designs, so a slightly larger diameter set of fitting was used compared to the original EquestrianPen.
Wavy grain Sweet Chestnut wood has been used as it represents the wavy mane and tail of the horse. Chestnut also being a recognised colour for a horse or pony. I had an idea to combine a band of Ash at the grip end of the main body to represent the colour of the hoof and then as I was turning the laminated blank on the lathe I tried to create a representation of the lower front leg of the pony…… A polished Chrome clip complete with horses head was used too……..What a stunning pen!
The pen is constructed first by hand selecting each piece and then turning the pen to final shape. A finish is then applied and the pen is then sanded 7 times with progressively finer grits (180, 220, 320, 400, 600, 800, 1200) of sandpaper to create a very smooth surface. The surface is polished to a mirror like shine using 7 polishing steps to create a showroom quality finish.
All external components are finished with a polished Chrome finish which will provide durable and dependable service. The ball point pen extends with the twist of your wrist and and writes smoothly and easily.
This twist action ballpoint pen is very stylish and shows well in all lighting conditions. The pen will make a memorable gift for any occasion, such as a Birthday, Father’s Day, Christmas, or Graduation.
Comes with a black ink cartridge and a velvet pen sleeve. Replacement Cross type ink cartridges can be easily found at most stationers. You’ll also receive a Certificate of Authenticity with each pen ordered. Product dimensions are the size of the pen inside its box.
The pen in the picture is the one you will receive. If you are interested in multiple pens, please contact us. Since each pen is a unique work of art, exact duplicates are not possible. But, we will do our best to create duplicates of the pen, using the same wood and finish.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Hand turned Sweet Chestnut & Ash blank / High gloss polished Chrome finish
- Attractive contrasting natural wood grain – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink cartidges – Cross Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures hown above
- Includes ink cartridge – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully