This magnificent Executive style Rollerball Red Mallee will exceed even the most discriminating collector’s expectations.
With superb balance, superior writing characteristics and an overall stylish, polished & elegant appearance it will be a treasured addition to anyone’s desk.
Inspiration for this design came from 1950’s movies. The design is big, bold & very eye-catching with its red swirling grain pattern
The body is made from the unusual Red Mallee timber sourced from Australia. The accent rings and banding are from cast metal which has then been plated with hard wearing gold plating
The pen begins life as a Mallee which I hand-turn on my wood lathe. Once the correct dimensions are achieved the blanks are sanded up to 7 times with ever decreasing grades of abrasive until the surface is mirror smooth.
Next several coats of polish are applied each being allowed to dry before sanding smooth.
Finally, a coat of Carnuba wax is used to achieve the final gloss shine to enhance the regal appearance of the Red Mallee timber.
Each pen is individually hand assembled taking care to align the gain and that every component fits correctly.
With a gold finish and a raised silver ring around the centre band, the simple uncluttered lines of this pen will make a classy gift.
The pen in the picture is the one you will receive.
If you are interested in multiple pens, please contact us.
Since each pen is a unique work of art, exact duplicates are not possible but we will do our best to create duplicates of the pen, using the same wood and finish.
You’ll also receive a Certificate of Authenticity with each pen ordered.
Product dimensions are the size of the pen inside its box.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp.
- All exposed accent rings, bands and caps include elegant custom hand-carved 3 dimensional designs.
- Components are cast, polished then plated with extremely durable golden plating.
- A top quality German Schmidt type Ceramic rollerball refill available at most stationers.
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures hown above
- Includes rollerball refill – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Each picture of a pen is the actual pen that you will receive
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully