This new design to my range is based on industrial design. Made from antique brass with ten nitrile O-rings set in machined grooves make this pen easy to hold and a joy to write with. The click mechanism is based on the Vertex silent click which is so popular with my clients. The main body of the pen has been turned from a piece of Zircote. This is hardwood from Central American and Mexico.The trees grow upto 20m tall with trucks 0.6m to 1m in diameter. THis means that the timber is quite expensive due to the small size of planks and it is common to have very pale sapwood with can case high levels of wastage. Zircote is usually used for furniture, veneers, gunstocks, musical instruments turned objects and other small speciality wood items.
The Parker type refill is changed by simply unscrewing the pointed tip of the pen. Compatible refils are available from all good stationery stores.
Handmade Pen Product Details
- Made in the Tamworth UK by Mike Topp
- Polished Zircote hardwood body / antique Brass metal components
- Impressive eyecatching pen – impress your friends!
- Easy to replace ink cartidges – “Parker” Style Refill available at most stationers
What’s Included with your Ballpoint Pen Purchase
- Includes the handcrafted pen in the pictures shown above
- Includes black ink cartridge – ready to use
- Includes velvet protective pen sleeve
- Includes Certificate of Authenticity
Additional Information on Handcrafted Pens
- All of the pens on The Forest At Your Fingertips website are handmade and handcrafted on a lathe in my workshop
- Most products will ship within 48 hours
- Each pen is unique, no two will ever be alike since they are handcrafted works of art
- All pens are shipped in boxes, and packed carefully